- This event has passed.
Retirement and Vocational Discernment Class
November 14, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pmfree
Session III: Retirement and Spiritual Transformation
Spirituality of Aging and Letting Go
- The gift and challenge of developmental psychology
- How do I leave a legacy and give back to society?
- Do I have big dreams or small dreams for the next chapter of life?
- Does our spiritual center change from the first to second half of life?
- Where does contemplation and meditation fit into my spiritual practice?
- How do I distinguish solitude from loneliness?
- How do I express my creativity at this point in life?
- When we are honest, do we seek deeper community, or is it too exhausting or disappointing to pursue?
- Where am I on a continuum from thriving to broken?
- Where does vocation—God’s call to each of us—fit into the discussion?
- Is my spiritual life dry or on the move?
- What issues do I need to take up with God?
- What’s my take on mortality?
- How do I write a spiritual Rule of Life for retirement?
- Regarding my life at St. Michael’s Church, what is working well for me, and where would I like to deepen my spiritual participation?
Reading assignment: Falling Upward by Richard Rohr or The Gift of Years: Growing Old Gracefully by Joan Chittester.