(Click here to download a .pdf of this posting)
The Communications Coordinator for St. Michael’s Church is responsible for collaborating with St. Michael’s Staff to evaluate, (re)design, and implement strategic communication initiatives and products aimed at both internal and external audiences. The Coordinator will work with the Rector, staff, and key volunteers to improve the quality and consistency of digital and print communications and to increase engagement. Communications in video, print, social media, and online are all part of how we nurture the spiritual growth of our members, friends, and neighbors, particularly in this more online phase of our church life. We understand this to be a ministry, not merely coordinating ministry activity.
- Create and expand the digital presence of St. Michael’s Church in areas including but not limited to our website, social media and email, adult and child/youth education, sacraments (e.g., weddings and baptisms) and community/race and gender equality/social justice causes.
- Manage parish website: Collaborate with staff, The Messenger editors, and other relevant volunteers to post, edit, and create content; working with external web developer, continue implementing redesign of the parish website, bringing more of the technical tasks “in house.”
- Manage parish email: Collaborate with staff on the design and content of weekly “Looking Ahead” and formation emails; collaborate with staff to manage subscription and mailing list.
- Manage parish social media accounts: Lead in posting and moderating; recruit and coordinate team of strategic commenters/sharers/contributors; design and implement Facebook advertising for select events; periodically review, analyze, and incorporate insights from metrics to improve St. Michael’s visibility online.
- Manage special projects: Assist with communications for annual stewardship campaign and other projects.
- Produce Sunday bulletin: Collaborate with Rector and administrative staff on content and look.
- Support parish newsletter production: Collaborate with The Messenger editors to identify story ideas, increase readership, and promote continuous improvement.
- Oversee visual brand consistency: Collaborate with staff and The Messenger editors to propagate use of redesigned parish logo and bring consistent design approach to the wide variety of parish publications.
- Assist with correspondence: Compose, edit, and prepare for mailing correspondence for other staff communications.
This position is part-time. Compensation negotiable, commensurate with experience, range $40,000-$50,000.
HOW TO APPLY: Send a cover letter and resume to the Rev. Katharine Flexer, Rector, at email@example.com. We particularly encourage diverse candidates representing the Black and Latinx communities to apply. We will hire when we find the right person!