St. Michael’s Episcopal Church is a vibrant, inclusive, welcoming community on Manhattan’s Upper West Side, with an active calendar of worship, family ministry, music, and outreach throughout the week. We are seeking a priest to join our team who is grounded and articulate in their faith, self-aware and mature, and warm and welcoming to all. The Assistant will be called by the Rector and shall serve alongside other clergy and program staff.
The responsibilities for which the Assistant is accountable will depend upon the skills and interests of the person called, but may include the following:
• Participate in regular rota for preaching, celebrating, and liturgical leadership on Sunday, weekday Eucharists, and other services. Ease with a wide range of liturgical styles is a must.
• Perform weddings, funeral/memorial services, and other sacramental rites as requested.
• Participate in liturgy planning with other staff and volunteers.
Education and Formation
• Offer small groups and other new formation opportunities to the parish.
• Coordinate and help lead current adult education efforts, including Sunday Forum and Wednesday Bible Study.
• Coordinate and help lead confirmation preparation for youth and adults.
• Assist other staff and volunteers with leadership of middle school and high school youth.
• Support welcoming ministry of congregation, paying particular attention to incorporating newcomers into community life.
• Support and help train lay pastoral care teams, including Community of Hope ministers, Lay Eucharistic Visitors, healing prayer ministries, and prayer teams.
• Share in providing pastoral care in collaboration with other clergy.
• Meet weekly with full staff, and additionally with clergy and pastoral staff.
• Support and liaise with lay-led ministries in the parish.
Other duties as may be assigned or elected Please send resume and cover letter, and any other supporting materials, by email to the Rector, the Rev. Kate Flexer: firstname.lastname@example.org.