The RenewalWorks team came up with four goals for our parish. Here’s the second in our series revisiting them:
Better Communicate Who We Are
How do we spread the Good News at St. Michael’s? How do we communicate who we are, what we’re up to, and what we believe?
A short list would include
- our newsletters, The Messenger and Looking Ahead, in print and via email;
- the website, with its events calendar and other new features;
- our Facebook page and other social media accounts;
- the new iVolunteer online sign-up system;
- a meditation booklet for self-guided tours of our worship space;
- outward-facing promotion of popular opportunities such as our Advent/Christmas and Holy Week/Easter services;
- community events like the Blessing of the Animals;
- the Saturday Kitchen, which so movingly represents our commitment to service and fellowship in the name of Christ; and
- the faithful witness of all our parishioners, in person and online, to the message of God’s love and redemption.
In the RenewalWorks process we learned that there is a yearning for spiritual growth in the congregation. When Jesus told Peter to “feed my sheep,” he was setting in motion a process that we continue today, growing inwardly by reaching out.
What are we forgetting for the list? What aren’t we doing yet but should be? Drop us a line to share your thoughts.
The Blessing of the Animals: The Rev. Kyle Oliver with Mary Nash and Snowball, her Westie.